Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Anxiety Finally Ends!

This morning is different from all the others in the past few months..no more wishful opening of inbox to see if there's an admit decision or an update on that..no more checking mails hundred times a day..no more "will I get an accept or not, so and so got an accept, my profile is this, my profile is that" and no more wishing and praying every now and then! The anxiety is finally over.

Last night I got my last remaining decision, which was by far the most awaited one since it was a very high ranked univ. It was a reject. Looking at the brighter side, my destination is finally fixed. This whole process of applications, right from the tests, short listing univs, finalising them, writing sops, filling out all those lengthy app forms online, and ultimately the almost never-ending waiting for decisions...all this has been fun I must admit!

What is a little relieving is that there was a time when I had two options and could not choose the right one, yet after a few days of patience, things turned out in such a way that the choice was very obvious. It was like I had been given the new information as if to clear the cloud of confusion.

At the end of season, my 'score' stands at a decent 7-5 (admits-rejects); and I owe a big treat to my pal 'coz we'd had a deal that if I crossed 5 admits I would treat him and myself to an amazing lunch / dinner at our favourite restaurant!

No comments: