Friday, March 19, 2010

You've Written This?!

It's around 11pm. We've gathered in the auditorium upstairs for practice of a song to be played in the variety show of our college a couple of days later. We're waiting for someone and in the meanwhile our guitarist and his friend come excitedly towards us saying they've composed a new song! We all listen to it, and without a doubt I know I've heard this tune before, yet it's very refreshing! The lyrics they had composed were amazing and went with the flow of the music very well.

It's around 8am next day. The tune from last night has been stuck in my head like crazy. I've forgotten the lyrics but need something to keep humming. Before I realise it I've already made up a verse in my mind! Now totally gripped by this, I think of few other lines to express something meaningful and compose it in a manner that it would flow with the music.

It's around 9am. I tell mom I've written a few lines to add to my friend's song in the same tune. She listens, then smiles midway, then says approvingly, "You've written this?! nice!"

Samne tum baithi ho lekin
Baaten kuch hoti nahi...
Palkon mein tum rehti ho lekin
Yaaden kuch jaati nahin...

Teri khatir paaya hai sabkuch
Teri khatir khoya...
Dil deewana hasta hai lekin
Ha kabhi hai roya...

Humsafar tum kehti ho lekin
Humkadam rehti nahi...
Humnasheen tum kehti ho lekin
Humnawa bhi toh nahin...

-abhi

Hopefully my friends and I will sit down someday and weave all these lines (and some more by then) together into a song and record it for fun!!

6 comments:

Gautami said...

hey nice! Liked it...and the song suits u :P :)

Gubby said...

Good going abhi! Looking forward to the whole thing!

mikami said...

i wil def buy this song :)!

abhi said...

thanks a lot guys!! i'm definitely gonna add to this.. and i'm seriously thinking of calling up that friend and recording this to share with all!!:):)

Unknown said...

totally romantic...nice...:)

akhil said...

niceely written. Looking forward to hear them with the tune.